JOB TITLE: Director of Compliance (Medically Assisted Treatment)
LOCATION: Corporate Office – Huntington
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS: Masters of Education in Human Growth and Development with Specialization in Mental Health Counseling, 2008, Lindsey Wilson College, with Academic Excellence Award, Chi Sigma Iota member and GPA of 4.0; Licensed Clinical Counselor for the state of KY and an approved Supervisor for LPCC; Current Vice President of the Kentucky Counseling Association; Certified in Clinical Supervision in Substance Abuse Counseling and Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Training
- Develops, initiates, maintains and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the compliance program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical or improper conduct.
- Manages day-to-day operation of the compliance program
- Collaborate with other departments (for example CEO, HR director, and Executive Assistant) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
- Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures and standards of conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures.
- Acts as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance issues and concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Monitors, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and t identify trends.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, develops and implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Works with the human resource department and others as appropriate to develop an effective compliance training program.
- Monitors the performance of the compliance program and related activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.Participates in local, state, and national networks and advocacy groups.
- Participates in local, state and national networks and advocacy groupls
- Provides supervision to counseling staff
WHY I DO THIS: I enjoy my position because I am able to give back to my community and ensure that OVP is providing the best care possible. This position allows me to work one-on-one with both staff and clients to make sure we are always one step ahead and making the leaps needed to be the best that we can be.
WORKING AT OVP/AHS: I like working at OVP because it’s a family atmosphere. Being able to work in a family owned and operated business allows all the wonderful opportunities of the small business, where everyone knows everyone and family is first.
OUTSIDE OF WORK: I like to advocate for the counseling profession by being in a leadership role for the Kentucky Counseling Association. I can educate others on the importance of being a member of a professional organization, all while being able to advocate for the counseling profession. I am currently the owner of Real Solutions Counseling Services, LLC, that provides mental health counseling to the community.